Ship newsletters, advertising and marketing campaigns, product updates, presents, and many others. utilizing OneSignal’s transactional e-mail SendGrid, Mailgun, and Mandrill.
The advertising and marketing e-mail platform is costlier than transactional emails. Normally it’s double the associated fee or extra.
However what if I let you know which you can ship? fancy emails on the expense of transactional emails?
That is proper. It’s doable.
Let’s take an instance of SendGrid.
SendGrid presents FREE 12,000 emails per thirty days, and in case your listing is in depth, it prices $9.95 for 100,000 emails.
Now if you have to ship e-mail via one other platform like MailChimp then it’s a must to pay $$$ per thirty days.
I perceive that good e-mail advertising and marketing platforms have many options, however are you utilizing them?
In case you are a blogger or ship periodic product updates with out utilizing these complicated advertising and marketing options, then OneSignal is value a attempt.
So how does it work and what’s OneSignal?
OneSignal presents one of many fashionable push notification companies. Utilized by over 200,000 functions together with Uber, Wix, Kinsta, Cisco, Adobe, and many others.
Lately, they launched an e-mail advertising and marketing device.
A device that permits you to join e-mail service suppliers to ship advertising and marketing emails at the price of the transactional e-mail service.
OneSignal is totally free to make use of the platform. Nonetheless, it’s a must to pay to the respective e-mail suppliers. At the moment it helps the next.
- Mail gun
So in case your e-mail listing is small and also you select to make use of SendGrid, you’ll be able to ship as much as 12,000 emails for FREE.
Let’s check out a few of OneSignal’s e-mail options.
- Segmentation – a robust segmentation to focus on the proper customers in your e-mail.
- Toasting – ship it at a later date.
- Wealthy textual content editor – a easy but highly effective editor that permits you to customise the content material the way in which you need.
- Template – ship related varieties of emails. Save as template to make use of once more.
And e-mail appears to be like excellent on any gadget, together with cell phones.
So how do you get began?
In case you are an present person and have already configured an app, you’ll be able to go to ‘Messages’ >> New E mail to get began.
Nonetheless, in case you are model new to OneSignal, the next will enable you.
Create OneSignal app
One of many first issues you need to do is create an app. After logging in you need to see one thing just like the under.
- Click on the plus signal.
- Enter the app identify and to create
- You’ll then be prompted to decide on the platform. You possibly can near that is as a result of we’re solely going to make use of the e-mail performance for now.
- You may be requested once more to substantiate that you simply wish to exit the platform settings. Click on depart the setup
- You may be redirected to the subsequent display screen, click on on it platform(s).
- The settings web page is subsequent, the place we’ll configure the e-mail.
- Choose the supplier, API key, and many others. and click on To rescue.
OneSignal is efficiently related with SendGrid to ship emails.
Let’s attempt to ship one.
The place are you going to ship it? You should first add the person’s e-mail handle.
- Go to the USER menu >> All customers >> Import/Export
- Within the pop-up wizard, choose Add Customers Manually
- Enter the e-mail handle and ship
Please present one e-mail handle for testing functions. As soon as confirmed, all good, add them in bulk utilizing CSV or programmatically (later on this information).
Now now we have one e-mail with which to check the transmission.
- Go to the menu MESSAGES >> New e-mail
- There are 4 sections
- Public – let or not it’s ALL by default, as a result of now we have one e-mail handle
- E mail particulars – enter a topic
- Create Submit – Add your favourite content material
- Schedule – You possibly can select to ship it instantly or later
- Click on Verify message
- A immediate seems with the affirmation particulars the place you click on To ship a message
That is all!
I despatched one to my viewers and the clicking charge was ~27%.
The e-mail appears to be like lovely on all gadgets.
Now you understand how to create a OneSignal app to ship an e-mail.
Import present emails to OneSignal
You might have already got an e-mail listing and wish to import it into OneSignal.
Excellent news: you’ll be able to!
- Go to the Customers tab
- Click on All Customers >> Import/Export
As you’ll be able to see, there are two methods to get e-mail imports.
Most e-mail advertising and marketing platforms assist you to export the emails within the CSV file, which you employ to import. You can too use different strategies to import as defined right here of their official documentation.
Sounds good to this point?
E mail supply evaluation
You should be questioning if OneSignal has acquired an e-mail supply report.
Nicely sure, it’s. The next can be found.
- Common click-through charge
- Supply statistics
- Conversion stats embrace what number of of them have been reported as a rip-off or unsubscribed
You possibly can filter the report by the final 2/half-hour, 24 hours, and 5 days.
E mail options are comparatively new, in order that they have some limitations for now. A few of them that I seen are:
- No widget to gather e-mail instantly out of your website
- No choice to sync e-mail listing with WordPress or third social gathering platform
I hope OneSignal works on these lacking options to supply an all-in-one e-mail advertising and marketing answer at an inexpensive value.
Total, OneSignal appears to be like promising. It is free, so attempt it to see the way it goes.
One other various possibility is Sendy – a self-hosted e-mail software program which you can set up in your server to ship e-mail via AWS SES.